Medicover in Hungary
Medicover first started operations in Hungary in 1998 and was the first to introduce a card-based flat rate health care service, later followed by health insurance. It thus provides a wide spectrum of health care services that serve as a model for organizing modern health care.
Medicover in Hungary today
- Is the only health insurance provider that is also a private health care service provider
- Operates 2 Clinics in Budapest
- Provides services in 5 Clinics and 18 Health Care Points outside of Budapest
- Runs 20 on-site outpatient centres at company locations all across the country
- Provides medical services at more than 270 locations throughout Hungary
A short history of Medicover in Hungary
- The first Medicover Centre opens in Budapest in 1998
- In 2001, West End Health Care Centre opens in the heart of Budapest.
- The Medicover Occupational Health Care Service point opens in the 11th District in Buda in 2005, in the Infopark
- The Szépvölgyi Health Care Centre opens in 2007 in the Szépvölgyi Business Park on the border between Districts 2 and 3
- Medicover’s largest Clinic, the Eiffel Clinic, opens its doors in January of 2012 in the heart of the downtown area, right next to Nyugati Railway Terminal. Eiffel Clinic is one if Hungary’s largest private outpatient clinics and offers close to 30 medical specialties. Guests are provided free parking in the underground garage.
- Medicover Alkotás Point Clinic opens on 7 January 2013 The exclusive modern centre is located in an easily accessible central spot in Buda. 25 medical specialties are available on more than 1,000 m2 of floor space. Similarly to the Eiffel Clinic, client parking is available in the underground garage.
- Medicover Clinics open in the cities of Győr, Debrecen, and Pécs in 2013.
- Medicover Clinics open in the cities of Paks and Székesfehérvár in 2015.